As a leader in cloud-based physician referral and patient engagement applications, Leading Reach understands the need to treat patient information in a manner that protects the privacy and security of protected health information (PHI).
In order to protect PHI, Leading Reach has taken the following steps to handle and protect all PHI in the manner specified by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"):
- Leading Reach does not use, access, or disclose PHI unless it’s necessary to provide services to its customers in a manner consistent with its contractual commitments or as required or allowed by law.
- Leading Reach has adopted corporate polices that protect the privacy and security of PHI. These policies detail the appropriate access, handling, and security measures that Leading Reach has set for the protection of PHI stored in its cloud or accessed by its employees when delivering services to its customers.
- Leading Reach has implemented reasonable and appropriate safeguards intended to maintain the security and integrity of electronic PHI under its control. These safeguards at a minimum meet the required implementation specifications contained in the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Leading Reach encrypts PHI when possible in those circumstances where such encryption will not materially affect the performance or use of the Leading Reach services.
- Leading Reach requires all subcontractors that may access PHI to provide written assurances that they will handle PHI in compliance with the HIPAA requirements applicable to subcontractors.
- Leading Reach does not sell PHI.
- Leading Reach has established processes to identify and respond to potential security incidents affecting PHI.
- Leading Reach policies and procedures are communicated to all employees that may handle or access PHI as part of Leading Reach’s HIPAA training program. Leading Reach requires all employees to sign confidentiality agreements. Leading Reach employees are subject to sanctions in the event they violate these policies, procedures, or confidentiality agreements.
Leading Reach is committed to maintaining it’s compliance with HIPAA and will adjust the policies and procedures listed above as laws affecting PHI evolve.
Information Collected and Received
Leading Reach may collect or receive information about each person who registers with the Leading Reach properties and Leading Reach including, but not limited to, user name, password, first and last name, email address, street address, gender, occupation, and interests. Leading Reach also collects information on the pages you access and other information you may volunteer, such as survey information. In addition, you may upload and/or provide information that you may deem as confidential.
Uses of Information
WE WILL NEVER SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION, TO ANY THIRD PARTY. EVER.
Except as described in this section, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party without notifying you of our intent to share the information and giving you an opportunity to prevent your information from being shared.
From time to time, we may partner with companies based on the interests of our users. These partner companies will never see your email address or any other information that could identify you or be used to contact you directly.
Any exceptions to this policy of sharing your name, address or email address with a partner company will be done only with your permission.
Leading Reach reserves the right to disclose information when required by law.
Leading Reach may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with Leading Reach’s server and to administer Leading Reach’s web site. Your IP address may also be used to help identify you and your online profile and to gather broad demographic information.
Leading Reach’s site’s registration form requires users to give Leading Reach contact information (such as your name and email address) and demographic information (such as your zip code, age, or income level). Leading Reach uses customer contact information from the registration form to send the user information about Leading Reach and promotional material from some of Leading Reach’s partners. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the user when necessary. Leading Reach may use demographic and/or profile data to tailor the visitor’s experience on Leading Reach’s site, show the visitor content that Leading Reach thinks you may be interested in, and display content according to your preferences. The demographic and profile data will be shared with advertisers ONLY on an aggregate basis.
We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, statements made by our customers.
For clarification, we may provide you the ability to provide your confidential information and other information to a variety of locations and third parties. If you provide such information, we do not have any control over those other locations or third parties. You provide information to such other locations or third parties at your own risk.
Leading Reach uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged between Leading Reach and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Leading Reach’s control. Leading Reach’s servers are backed up regularly and protected by security systems.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use on our sites and Leading Reach. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our visitors/customers to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site and/or Leading Reach. Leading Reach and these companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with these advertisements and connect to the Leading Reach properties and/or Leading Reach. Our properties do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows Leading Reach and these companies to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
Leading Reach may create links to other websites. Leading Reach will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated or authorized by Leading Reach may have links leading to Leading Reach’s site. Leading Reach cannot control these links and Leading Reach is not responsible for any content appearing on these sites.
Successors and Assigns
Leading Reach’s site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from Leading Reach. To opt-out of receiving our communications, you can (i) send email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) send postal mail to: 7719 Wood Hollow Dr., Suite 100, Whitney Building, Austin, TX 78731.